HOSA 2020 Competition

The MCTC Future Health Professionals, formerly known as Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) club recently had its yearly competition. They left on March 6th and returned March 8th from Marshall University.  This competition was to compete for a spot at nationals. If they placed high enough in their competition then they would move on to the national competition. This year Nationals will be held in Dallas, Texas.  All of the students did very well and we are so proud of all of them. MCTC had many students place and these students are

• 1st place Creative Problem Solving- Maggie Bostic, Brooklyn Lester, Aliyah Mullins 
  • 1st place HOSA Bowl-Sadie Spencer, Maddie McMillion, and Taylor Craft 
  • 2nd place HOSA Bowl- Yaire Cardona, Brooke French, and Mariah O’Neill 
  • 2nd place Biomedical Debate- Jacob Craft, James Sneddon, and Kendra Munsey 
  • 2nd place Health Care Display- Kadie Dixon and Maggie Page 
  • 3rd place Medical Innovation- Diamond Johnson and Jaden Taylor 

On top of all of these students placing for nationals, MCTC had three students get the Barbara James Service Award.  Maggie Bostic got a gold which means she had 200+ volunteer hours. Brooklyn Lester and Katie Willis both got a bronze which means they had 100+ volunteer hours.  Not only did MCTC have all of these students place and win the Barbara James Service Award but the new WV HOSA President is also from MCTC. Katie Willis a current Junior from MCTC is now the WV HOSA president and we are so very proud of her for this great accomplishment. As you can see the 2020 WV HOSA state competition was very successful for our students.  This took a lot of hard work and preparation and we are so proud of every single one of them.